Friday, June 10, 2011

Only One Mickey Was Hurt During the Making of this Pancake.

It's Friday. School's out. I'm making pancakes.

I got the request to make a full-body Mickey pancake to which I shuddered because large pancakes only ever mean total annihilation followed by tears and feelings of loss that mommy doesn't have the skillset for an elaborate pancake (like apparently my husband does as proven in the Guess the Pancake Shape contest I held a couple weeks ago.)

The rest is a post best told in pictures.
FullBodyMickeyPancake
Starting out well. Please refrain from comments of Mickey's design. The key here is to maintain an approximate shape with the end result being one piece. One piece is key.
FliptheMickeyPancake
This seems like it requires two spatulas. Time is running out. I have to figure this out quick or there will be a burned Mickey pancake.
DestroytheMickeyPancake
Dammit! I panicked mid-flip! I can't handle this stress!
NotTooBadMickeyPancake
OK he made it. Sort of. With an, um, a broken neck. Poor Mickey. Very sorry. I will put a layer of syrup there so no one notices. Well, that didn't work. He noticed AND he's crying. But he's still eating it, so that's good. Onward to the next one!
TryAgainMickeyPancake
Note to self: Mickey needs a big neck.
BiggerSpatulaMickeyPancake
And a bigger spatula.
MickeyPancakeSuccess
Success! (ps. shut up. I know he looks like a teddy bear.)
That's my excitement this Friday morning. Now we're off to make a Jake and the Neverland Pirates treasure box and some ice tray ice pops! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch