Saturday, June 11, 2011

Are You Racing this Weekend?

Yesterday my husband and I ran the Oldsmar Taphouse 5k and tomorrow I am doing the Dunedin Sprint Triathlon which is sort of our tri-group's home turf, we train there all the time so I'm excited!

I'm sorry to say I did not PR the 5K last night, in fact coming down the pike I saw I wasn't going to so I backed off a little. IT WAS HOT OUT! All I really cared is that I come in sub-30 and I did. By like 5 seconds. Ha! But it was a "taphouse" 5k, which meant there was beer and that made the race even funner. Of course, adding beer to an already dehydrated person is a recipe for a migraine so I went home with my head blazing so it probably wasn't a good idea.

I feel good today though. Time to hydrate!

The kids are at my parents' house right now which means we got to sleep in! It was like Christmas! And today, instead of going out and getting his & her massages, we're doing what any couple would do when they have a kid-free house.

CLEAN!

Of course.

(Where was YOUR mind?)

I can go through their toys without having little people screaming about what is going to the big toy box in the sky.

If you're racing, HAVE A GREAT RACE! Leave me a comment so I can cheer you on! And if you're not, what are you doing this weekend?????

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch