Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Receipt Report

image.jpg
My huge get last week (which I should've updated but didn't but I will right here) was a nearly free CVS trip.

I'm just starting out so I am not an avid "CVS-er" as they've been known to be called (also shopping with CVS as a verb, as in going "CVS-ing." I don't really do that yet fullyentirely). I just sort of did this particular trip by happychance and was superexcited when I did it.

Oh it felt good.

I needed to get some VO5 hot oil treatment for ridicu-hair-tragedy that occurred a little over a week ago now and I couldn't find it (do they even make it anymore?)

I found, however, Nexxus on sale and you get $10 CVS bucks back if you spend $20 on Nexxus products.

OOh lala.

Well, I already had 10.63 in CVS bucks from the previous week, so I only needed to spend $10 of actual money on the Split End Repair conditioner I wanted, which I did. Then I spent $10 more on a leave-in that was also supposed to repair split ends, making it $20. So I got $10 back. And since I already had $10 in extra-bucks coupons, it was like spending nothing.

Sweet.

I also had a $5 off $25 purchase and needed milk so I bought milk (which I had a coupon for) and got that for almost free because I had a coupon for that.

I know. I'm awesome.

OK not really but I was awesome at CVS that day.

Anyway, this week, I'm a little behind in my couponing and listing because we've been so busy with my training, tiny tee-ball and now, tiny soccer, which started yesterday. I had planned last week's menu entirely forgetting there were two meat-free days because Lent started but I improvised with a vegetarian chili and spaghetti leftovers (no meatballs).

So the menu for this week keeping one meat-free day on Friday:

Monday: bbq chicken & couscous
Tues: ground beef pasta skillet, recipe in this week's coupons but it looked good.
Weds: Best crockpot chicken tacos EVER!
Thurs:  ST. PATTY'S DAY! CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE!! Since, ya know, we're the O'family. Ya know we're having some green 64 calorie BECK'S!
Fri: Tilapia
Sat: Leftovers

This week Publix is offering $10 off a $50 gas card (Southern Savers told me) and since I haven't complained out loud about the gas prices yet, I'm getting two. BOOYAH! Mean gas people.

I'm trying to be even crazier couponing person this week so I'll update when I get back tomorrow.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch