Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Awesomest Crockpot Chicken Tacos ever!!

dindinI got this recipe from Ann at She's Gonna Blow just last week and it is right now my favorite thing in the world to eat so I just have to share it!

It's also the easiest thing in the word to make.

I didn't take a picture of it but Lord knows with my inability to take good food pictures, I wouldn't do it justice. So I'll let your own imagination do the work.

Ingredients:
5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 big jar of salsa
small white flour tortillas (80 calories each)
lowfat cheese (optional)

Directions:
Put chicken in crockpot. Pour salsa over it. Cook on low for 6 hours. At the end, shred chicken with fork
and mix with salsa. Add more salsa if you want! Serve in tortillas. That's it!

I serve myself two tacos with 1/4 cup chicken scooped in (55 cals per 1/4 cup) and 1/4 cup cheese split between the two tacos (80 cals total) +  80 cals per taco shell. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! We didn't even have leftovers, the kids loved this!! (I may have even had enough calories left in the day to make a 3rd one. *snicker*.)

Delicious!

Make it lots and lots and lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch