Saturday, February 05, 2011

Amazing Husband-Approved Super Bowl Recipes and Not (too) Bad For You Either!

dindin

I am obsessed with these two recipes and I actually had them "requested" by my husband (so they must be good, right?) for this Sunday so if you're looking for some TOTALLY YUMMIES that aren't too too bad for you, you can make these!

The first recipe is a Sticky BBQ Chicken Wing recipe I found on http://www.food.com/ and the other one is a BBQ pulled pork sandwich that I borrowed from my best friend and tweaked.

Here they are:

STICKY BBQ CHICKEN WING RECIPE
1/4 cup tomato sauce (although I actually use ketchup)
1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I use Kraft honey BBQ or the store-brand, whichever is cheaper but last week the Kraft was on BOGO and I had a coupon I'm just sayin.)
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (which I cannot actually pronounce out loud)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp smoked paprika (haven't actually ever used this so if you do, tell me how it goes.)
12 chicken wings cut in half (although I've never actually used wings. I've used the skinless giant drumsticks and boneless skinless chicken breast and it's DIVINE FOR BOTH!)

Directions:
As I write this recipe I am realizing I actually haven't followed any of the directions at all! Stir all the ingredients for the sauce together and if you use chicken breast, feel free to double the sauce ingredients depending on how much chicken you have. Place chicken in shallow ceramic dish and pour over marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If using chicken wings, the directions say to cook on the bbq or in oven at 220 degrees for 25-30 minutes. However, if using the drumsticks or the chicken breast (like me), bake it in the oven on 375 for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!

Stats for the drumstick way: 1 big drumstick = 316 cals, 4.5 g fat, 25 g protein, 36 g carbs. Pair it with a salad or some brown rice or maybe some yellow rice and enjoy!

PULLED PORK SANDWICHES (pork by my best friend Clairanne!)
1 Boston Butt (I said "butt")
1 can Coke
1 bottle BBQ sauce (I use honey BBQ sauce)
Whole wheat buns

Directions:
Put butt in crock pot, pour can of coke and bbq sauce over it, cook on low for 6-8 hours, pull it apart the end.

Coleslaw
Ingredients:
1 bag of shredded cabbage for coleslaw (I once spent an entire episode of Oprah shredding a head of cabbage and cut myself twice, I don't bother any more. Bagged salad it is!)
1 jar Marie's Coleslaw Dressing near the salads (or you can use the "light" version of this).

Directions:
Follow directions on the jar to mix. Put coleslaw in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
To serve, put pulled pork on bun, top with heaping amount of coleslaw. OK so the pork is not so bad but the coleslaw is, in a word, an indulgence (not even bothering here to tally this up), but do it! You won't be sorry.
42-16673940

TOUCHDOWN!

Those are my Super Bowl recipes for this weekend! I fully intend on making them Sunday morning, going out for a ride and run, going to a birthday party, coming home in the afternoon and SERVING IT UP!

Easy peezy.

Got some Super Bowl recipes to share? Link them up below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch