Friday, June 17, 2011

Disney Dreamworks Event (Post Winnie the Pooh Hangover)

I just stumbled in.

It's 3 a.m. Eastern time, midnight Pacific.

Nope. Wasn't out partying. I'm in my yoga pants.
IMAG0230
We went hiking.
IMAG0232

It was awesome.

For 2 days I've been staring out my window up at those beautiful hills wondering how I can go hike them and my friend Marisa whom I like to call "Martha" just because when she says her own name Marisa she sounds like she's saying "Martha" so to me and forevermore her name is "Martha. Anyway, she mustve read my brainwaves because she called me and asked me if I wanted to!

It was like I "Secreted" it in or something.

So we did. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
A day which started out at Disney Animation Studios and a screening of Winnie the Pooh which I cannot wait to blog about (which comes out July 15th.)
IMAG0205
I don't think I have ever learned so much about a movie from beginning to end than I have this movie. And Disney in general. I mean, I brought a 5 x 7 pad to take notes, and I filled it.

So after Winnie the Pooh, we learned how to draw alien "Piglet" with a giant bulbous head. I mean we learned how to draw Piglet and it turned out like an alien with a giant bulbous head.
Drawing Piglet
Alien Piglet
Then we got to voice Piglet and I actually sounded like Grandma Piglet, but that's ok, it was really really fun.
Voicing Piglet
Channeling my inner Piglet
We met Spongebob. Ohmigod he's so cool. Spongebob (Tom Kenny) played Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh and he is HILARIOUS. I kept waiting for him to say, "Crabby Patty" but he never did.
Tom Kenny
And we met Winnie the Pooh (Jim Cummings), too, who is also Tigger.
Jim Cummings
Jim Cummings
There is just so so much more, pictures and fun facts like, did you know Piglet's outfit is actually a onesy?

Betcha didn't know that!

Anyway, it is late. I can't wait to blog about the inner workings of Disney Animation!

Later today (when you're reading this), we're screening "The Help" which I am really, really excited about. (I really wish I had finished the book, I am just over halfway through, but it's an amazing and very quick read.)

And then we get to see Cars 2! Hooray! I canNOT wait for Cars 2.

Don't tell my kids though mkay?

Having a great time and loving meeting all these awesome people, bloggers included!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch