Saturday, May 28, 2011

RECIPE! Sausage & Cheese Frittata & Mini Crustless Quiches

This week I wrote about ways to go food shopping on the cheap over at 5 Minutes for Mom and I included some of my favorite recipes that I realized I haven't even published here!

I mean, isn't that crazy?!

I'm all about the make-ahead breakfasts because first of all, I'm all about breakfasts in general, but these are so good you can make them in advance, pop em in the microwave and eat them for a few days. They're the best. I give you, the Sausage and Cheese Frittata and the mini-crustless quiche (or mini-frittatas, whatever you want to call them).

The Low-Fat Version of the Sausage and Cheese Frittata

Ingredients:

2.5 cups of egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
butter spray
1 (12 oz) pkg reduced fat ground pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
Whisk together first 4 ingredients until well-blended. Spray oven-proof skillet with butter spray. Pour half of egg mixture into skillet. Sprinkle evenly with cooked sausage and cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until set. Serves 6-8! Calories: 140, Fat: or 6 Weight Watchers Points.

Mini Frittatas (or Crustless Quiches):

Ingredients:
All of the above minus the sausage (or keep the sausage, whatever you want!)
Broccoli or spinach, whatever veggie you want actually!
Maybe even parmesan cheese too or ham or onions!
So basically it is the egg mixture from above with anything you want to put in it.

Directions:
Spray a muffin or mini-muffin pan, pour egg mixture into the cups, bake on 350 for 10 minutes or until firm. And then you have little individual guys that you can stick in a baggie and bring to work, like I used to. When I worked. I miss work. I’m going off tangent.

So there you have them! MY FAVORITES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch