Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Strawberry Festibal

My four-year-old has an obsession with strawberries.

It began in December and who am I to get in the way of a healthy obsession like strawberries, right?

He eats them by the bowls with nothing on them, all the way down to the stem and no part of edible strawberry left. He LOVES them. My other one, notsomuch.

Here in Florida it is strawberry "season." There are fields and fields of them just a short drive away. In fact, that is where they have the Strawberry Festival, in Plant City.

Soon after my son became enthralled with the strawberry, a commercial for the Strawberry Festival came on and his eyes widened and the realization that there is a place to go where there are lots and lots of strawberries washed over him and I knew what he was thinking and I said, "I know! There's a strawberry FESTIVAL! And it's coming!!"

And he said, "There is a festibal about strawberries????"

And I said, "Yes! And you can MAKE YOUR OWN strawberry shortcake all by yourself!"

And he said, "CAN WE GO THERE NOW??"

And I crushed his little hopes and dreams by saying it's not until March and it was only December so for the next few months he asked me almost every day, "Can we go to the Strawberry Festibal today?"

The answer was "No," for a very long time until this past weekend when I became the "best mom in the world!"
dinner
We ordered the "small" corn dog. Obviously. 

tinyrollercoaster
Tiny roller coaster of death, more on that later


ummm
The "Make Your Own Strawberry Shortcake" section with the weird strawberry guy


starting
So you start with one of these little jobbers.

momentofzen
And then you move onto this and this was my 4 year old's moment of zen. Note: tiny arm is very happy.


vatofstrawberries
Not sure if you got a good look at the giant vat of strawberries but just in case you didn't, here it is again.


vatofwhippedcream
Giant vat of whipped cream in which I want to lay down in and eat my way out of it. Also the same place I went over my calories for the day.

happinessinastrawberryshortcake
His happiness.

myperfectshortcake
My happiness.

strawberryyum
He liked strawberries on this day and this day only.


strawberryheaven
More happiness.


onelastride
More rides, seemingly safer ones but loud nonetheless.

theendofthegreatestdayever
The end.
Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch