Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sangria!!!!

This is literally one of those recipes that will make you the most popular person to invite to parties. Everyone will invite you and in the same breath they will ask you to bring "your sangria!" It's so good but it goes so quick, so go ahead and make a double batch of this and thank me later.

Ingredients

  • 2 large oranges
  • 1 large lemon
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • 1 cup Triple Sec
  • 1 jar of maraschino cherries with stems (this particular ingredient is A MUST for me. It reminds me of my favorite sangria from my favorite little place in the Village in New York City called "Cafe Wha." A sangria must have cherries. That's my opinion.)
  • Wooden spoon (I am convinced that sangria tastes better when you stir and serve it with a wooden spoon.)
  • One 750 ml. bottle red wine. I personally get the cheapy $3 merlot at Wal-Mart. Merlot is my favorite for Sangria and that one makes a particularly good sangria and I personally refuse to spend a lot on wine for sangria. But I've heard that it doesn't matter what red wine you use.
Directions
Slice up one orange and slice up the lemon and put in large pitcher with sugar. Mash with wooden spoon until the fruit releases the juice and the sugar is dissolved, but don't completely mash the fruit. Juice the second orange and pour over fruit in the pitcher; stir. Add triple sec and wine, and entire jar of cherries and juice. Yes, this is more sugary stuff, but I love eating cherries out of my sangria. It brings back memories and tastes super yummy.

The Sangria is yummier the longer it sits. I've made it and let it sit for a couple of hours, but I've also let it sit overnight and overnight it is UNBELIEVEABLE!

ps. NOT a low-cal, low-fat drinky. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch