Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Average Moms Wear Capes: Christie O. In the News

Contact Me!
E-mail: Christieo@averagemomswearcapes.com
Twitter: @averagemomswearcapes @christieo
Facebook Page: Average Moms Wear Capes

AMWC in the news!:

Each year, my preemie moms group, "Mommies Little Miracles," throws baby showers for moms who have babies at the local Neonatal Intensive Care Units. Last year we made the front page of the St. Pete Times!

"Christie on a Treadmill at the Mall," to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training where I raised $1,400. Yes, I walked and ran for 10 hours on a treadmill in the middle of the mall. You can read about it here in the Suncoast News:

 http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/content/2010/mar/20/251529/pi-walking-the-mall/news/
Christie on a Treadmill at the Mall on FOX 13 - Tampa: 

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/treadmill-fundraiser-032810#
(You can read the recap of the event from my former blog here:)
http://babytealeaves.blogspot.com/2010/03/finally-treadmill-recap-in-race-report.html
Last year, I hosted a Guitar Hero Competition fundraiser with my preemie mom's group (Mommies Little Miracles) for the March of Dimes called Rock Out For Babies. Coverage on FOX-13 Tampa:

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch