Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Average Moms Wear Capes: In the Kitchen

capesinkitchen

Tada! Wear Your Cape in the Kitchen, too!

This is a collection of my very favorite recipes in the whole entire world from my cookbooks to little nooks and crannies on the web. They're tried and tested and approved by everyone in my world!

Brunch

Brunch Favorites

muffinsandyummies
Muffins and Other Baked Yummies

Breakfasts



dindin
Dinners/Slow Cooker Recipes


Drinkies


Holiday Favorites
  • Low-fat Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Muffins (Fall)
  • Coffin Sandwiches (Halloween) FYI: All I did was cut the sandwiches out like the picture, I made my own filling (tuna and chicken salad.)
  • Creepy Mummy Dogs Recipe (Halloween-not low-fat, sorry!) WE ALL LOVED THESE SO.MUCH.!!!
  • Pumpkin Gooey (Thanksgiving, Fall) NOT low-fat at all but a HUGE favorite.
  • Gingerbread Cake (Fall, Winter) Not low-fat. I made these cakes in tiny loaf pans, wrapped them in holiday cellophane and gave them out at Christmastime. They were delicious!
  • Shortbread Cookies I rolled these out and cut them into tiny snowflake shapes at Christmas. I also made them in drops and drizzed dark chocolate over them and they were AMAZING. I got "Ooohs and Aaahs" from this one. 
  • Light Pumpkin Chip Muffins Fall (also listed under "Muffins") Delicious recipe!!!
  • Ice Cream Pumpkin Pies Fall UNBELIEVEABLE! Originally published by National Geographic kids. I used the mini pie shells and gave each kid their own little pie. Yum! Also, I topped with whipped cream. Shhhhh.

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch