Monday, June 20, 2011

The Cars 2 Premiere: Pictures from the Red Carpet

Holy wow I can't believe I am back from LA already, what a whirlwind trip it was! I am so thankful to have been able to take this trip on behalf of 5 Minutes for Mom!

I have officially seen Cars 2 twice -- once for the press junket and then once again for the premiere. I am writing up my official Cars 2 review as we speak, but for now, I'll tell you about the red carpet experience.

We actually walked it!

redcarpet
Unfortunately, no one cared about who I was, no one shouted my name and asked me to stop and flash my shiny toothy smiley but the important thing to note here is that I did not fall. (Although I considered it briefly just to get someone to take my picture.)

I didn't get to stop and take too many pictures because we were being whirled on through but I did take a few:
owenwilson
 Owen Wilson!
carspremiere
All the people waiting for me to wave to them! Just kidding.
We saw the movie at the El Capitan theater with the cast and crew and that was really cool, we were sitting only a few rows away from Owen Wilson, Emily Mortimer, Bonnie Hunt, Joe Montegna and Larry the Cable Guy who coincidentally recognized us from our interview earlier and even called us out on having Tweeted about his chain-eating candy during the interview.

There was free popcorn and soda and so I got two buckets of popcorn because they came in really cool plastic Cars 2 buckets and it was sort of a pain to walk around the after-party with them (or after having eaten 2 buckets of popcorn, I'm not sure which was more difficult) but seeing the kids ogling at their Cars 2 buckets today makes it all worth it.

The Cars 2 premiere party was awesome! I felt a little funny taking pictures of the stars that were there so I didn't really (although one of us, I am not naming names, took a picture of the Beckam's butts and that was funny...)

But I did take a picture of these guys:

mater
The star of the show!
lightningmcqueen
Lightning McQueen!
I was panging for my kids all over the place because they had a really cool playground set up for the kids and a race track for them to pedal cars around and cotton candy and all sorts of kid-friendly stuff, it was hard to not miss them terribly!

So I consoled myself with this:
yummies

And that's the wrap!
radiatorsprings
Betcha wanna know how the movie was, huh?!

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch