Saturday, April 09, 2011

No Yoga Pants on the Red Carpet!

rio
Today I'm headed to RIO!

Not that Rio...the movie Rio! Today I am off to LA where I get to parade myself around like a real adult in real clothes! Because there are NO yoga pants on the red carpet!

Yes, where I'm going there's a red carpet!

Um. What am I going to wear then?? That's my uniform!

I was at Disney this week, so unless I was buying Mickey ears for the red carpet, shopping was out of the question. And I can only do carry on so that means I can't pack my whole closet and decide later.

Anyhoo. Oh yea, red carpet.

I'm excited to be representing 5 Minutes for Mom and seeing the premiere of Rio, an animated family film with lots of cool people in it and I am a big sucker for animated films, I love them! All of them!

I'll also get to hobnob and rub elbows with some of the stars on the red carpet! And then interview one of them! And then come back and write about it!

My to-do list before my flight is still a mile long and it includes a swim, kid tee-ball and soccer, and packing (still. I know.) Will I get it all done?

Also, yes, I already called ahead and the gym opens early and closes late. Yes I have my workout planned, I have saved up my treadmill sprints for the hotel gym. Don't know what I'm going to do about calorie counting yet. I'll tell you what I decide after a chocolate martini or two.
I'm also hoping to see some of my friends while I'm out there but I'm sure the entire weekend will be a whirlwind because I'm only going for the weekend and it will be Monday before I know it.

But if you're interested at all about reading some of the details of my trip, I will be tweeting from LA and you can follow me (www.twitter.com/@christieo) and then watch out for the review and write-up on the trip here and at 5 Minutes for Mom next week!

Mobile posting on Sunday! That is, after I sleep in....BECAUSE I CAN!

Ahhhh. Sleeping in and free wi-fi... it's like paradise!

Speaking of 5 Minutes for Mom, have you partied in the UBP11??? We've had a blast for the past week bloghopping and meeting new friends and it is time to announce the winners of my giveaways!

The winners of my Ultimate Blog Party '11 giveaways (as chosen by random.org) are:
The Bondi Band: LaVonne at Long Wait for Isabella and
A necklace from my etsy shop: Science Fiction Mommy

 Congrats!! I have already sent you an email, so go check it!!

It was so nice meeting everyone from UBP '11, thank you for all the kind comments in my party post! I'm still making my way through blogs even though the party is technically over!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch