Saturday, January 01, 2011

Today I Sit Here, INSPIRED.

The "pound the keyboard" type of inspired.

The "turn your MUSIC UP" kind of inspired.

There is so much to say, to think, to feel, to let go of that I can hardly type fast enough.

I don't know if you are as inspired yet to begin 2011 fresh, refreshed or renewed as I am but I want you to be because the feeling is simply INCREDIBLE.

The feeling of wanting to move forward and leap tall buildings in a single bound and purge all the ugly to make room for the beautiful is overwhelming this morning and it couldn't come at a better time. (i'm not sure if you can see the speedofmywordsornot, canyou?)

Last night we spent New Year's eve with friends and the kids and a song came on that reduced me to running for the bathroom (secretly) in tears.

"A Long December" by Counting Crows.

It hit a nerve because for me, GODDAMMIT it was A LONG DECEMBER.

And if there is any family member of mine reading this now, I am sure you will agree with me that this by far was the longest December ever; long and hard and full of every emotion imagineable and the nerve that it hit was that right then, last night, December was finally going to be OVER. Finally, December was going to be over.

The longest month in the world, OVER.

OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a chance to begin again was upon me and last night, in my friend's bathroom (with a tiny little hand knocking at the door wanting to get in to find me), I let it all go in one heaving sobbing goodbye to 2010 cry.

And it felt good.

Hello, 2011. Hello January.

As I dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to a spin class with my tri friends which I almost didn't do because I couldn't open my eyes for the longest time and almost pulled the covers right back over my head and ignored the alarm, I started to feel alive again.

I turned up the music in the car.

I got to spin class which felt like just another spin class at first.

And we spun through songs, songs about moving on, songs about saying goodbye to fear and weakness, songs about making life happen, and finally, spinning to Auld Lang Syne which you would never in a million years believe how powerful that song in a spin class at that moment could be but I took a moment to cry into my tiny towel discreetly as I pumped my legs and felt 2010 leaving my body.

Goodbye, long December.

Goodbye, 2010 with all of your ups and downs and teaching moments. I'm glad to have had our time together, but I'm ready for something new now.

Today as I begin 2011 with my first spin class of the year under my belt and the year laid out before me, I issue this challenge to you: DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING, harder, faster, longer, and with more passion that you ever had in your life and do it TODAY. Hell, GO DO IT RIGHT NOW!

Begin 2011 with everything inside of you!

Go put your sneakers on or turn up the music, I don't care if it's DANCING IN YOUR LIVING ROOM AS HARD AS YOU CAN! Anything to make yourself feel alive and do it TODAY! Do not wait another minute to start fresh and new and say goodbye to anything else you don't want in your life! You wanna tweet it? TWEET IT! #kickassin11. Blog about it! Inspire people and do it RIGHT NOW!

I left spin class and turned the music back up in my car. I got home and turned up the music in my house and danced with my little baby until he said, "Mommy, I don't wanna dance anymore, I want some applesauce," and then with the music still loud and playing, I made my coffee and pounded on the keyboard.

I AM ALIVE TODAY!

And it is good.

6 comments:

AnnG said...

So glad that you started 2011 out on the right path! You are gonna have an awesome 2011!! I am personally VERY HAPPY to have 2010 over and done with!! here's to a great 2011!! May we grow stronger, healthier, and fitter!!

Bari said...

Thank you for inspiring me in 2010 and thank you in advance for the inspiration you will continue to be. Love you girl!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sorry you had such a "long" December! Wishing you and your family many blessings in 2011!!

Mommy Mo said...

OMG, I couldn't wait until December was over but I still feel like I'm stuck in it since we're not home yet and I so want to be home and I can't seem to get my legs moving to run again. I have no voice, I have a cold, my nose is running, I have eaten like crap and drank way too much and I need a good ass-kicking and this post just might be it.

Thank you.

Nadine said...

Whooo hooo! Carry that energy with you every day girl and you're going to move mountains!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. And I actually love that song because I think through all the melancholy there is a definite theme of HOPE.

Good for you for grabbing 2011 by the horns.

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch