Wednesday, January 05, 2011

SUPERMom of the MONTH: HONORING MILITARY WIVES/MOMS

JANUARYmomofthemonth!_edited-3

They stand by their husband's side when he's in training.

They stand by his side when he deploys.

They silently hold down the fort back at home.

They take care of business. ALL of the business.

They rarely ask his advice. Just offer support.

So his mind could be focused on one thing and one thing only: GETTING HOME SAFELY.

They move to a different town, city, or country on a moment's notice.

They give up their jobs.

They say goodbye to their families and say goodbye to their friends.

And without a word, happily, greatfully, hold their husband's hand, and stand tall as the rock of their family and just do it. Whatever it is.

They rarely complain, for they feel it's their duty.

They make life as normal as possible for their babies when something's obviously missing. And when he's gone, they hold each other tight. Every single night.

They make a big Flat Daddy of him and pretend that he's there with them, watching over them and watching life move about. (If you don't know what a Flat Daddy is, look at this link and see the story a tv station did with my sister and hers.)

They get creative.

They make sacrifices most can hardly even imagine. And sometimes the sacrifice is forever.

They are selfless and powerful, independent and strong.

When their husband's active duty, they are active duty.

They are the ultimate multitaskers, balancing work, school, family, finances and hard, strong, raw emotions.

These women are like no other.

They are: MILITARY WIVES AND MOMS!

This month, I honor my sister and all my dear friends in my life and in the blogosphere, one of the strongest groups of women I know.

If you are a military wife, please grab this badge and place it proudly on your blog.
militarymomsjanuary
We honor you this month and every month.

Anna Mary and Military Wives & Moms everywhere: YOU ARE SUPER MOM.

I salute you.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love you for this one, so much. I do, sorta, fit into this category. But my role has rarely been one of dealing with deployment and T being in harm's way, but I still have friends from T's active duty days that are looking at deployment in near future. They do deserve this salute. Love you!

Brooke said...

excellent! and i 2nd everything you wrote!

AnnG said...

What an awesome tribute!!! My 20 year old is getting ready to join the marines...I don't know how I am gonna survive, but I must!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch