isupportredfridays_edited-1 Join me by wearing red on red shirt Friday! Pray for my brother-in-law's safe return as well as the rest of our troops!

Friday, December 03, 2010

Thank You

Dear friends and family,
Thank you for being here for me this week.

The service for my grandmother was beautiful. I placed her picture on the podium in front of me while I read my tribute to her and I remained strong.

Until of course I finished and returned to my pew and sobbed.

But many people came up to me afterward and told me how they'll now remember her and now I know I was meant to do that.

Reading it cleansed me and I felt freed, as if I was able to share her with the world and let her go to be with God.

I have heard all of your prayers this week and I was comforted by your comments here, on Facebook and on Twitter, on text, through phone calls and flowers and your support has meant the world to me.

I truly have the best friends in the world.

Thank you. I am taking the weekend to regroup and will be back here on Monday with my tale of my 20 mile run.
I love you,
Christie

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Much love still coming your way. You deserve the down time.

Bari said...

I don't know if I said it yet or not, but you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Your grandmother was truely a remarkable woman. ((hugs))

AnnG said...

Prayers still coming your way!! Relax and enjoy your weekend...

eonyc said...

I'm so glad you got to do that! I read at my Grampa's funeral mass (as the oldest grandkid) and at one point in the middle I almost lost it, but I took a deep breath, paused, and finished. And it felt so right. Love you, Grampa!

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch