Monday, December 20, 2010

It is Christmas Break and Wild Kingdom

I am two crafts away from being done with shopping. I am going to wrap all of them today and tomorrow so that I am not up at 3 a.m. Christmas eve wrapping like every single year previous. Hurray for me! One year I'll be done at the beginning of December but for now I'll focus on the beginning of Christmas week.

We've weathered a stomach thingy. Gah.

On the last day of pre-school I inherited wild kingdom for the break: Seashell the Hamster and a butterfly garden which is going to hatch literally-any-second. And can I just tell you how fascinating it is to watch a little caterpillar walk around and munch on leaves one day, and then climb to the top of the garden thingy and hang himself upside down and ready himself for cocoon-ness the next? Fascinating!

The children have been thoroughly briefed (as if I had a war room and come to think of it I should) on not throwing the hamster ball with the hamster in it. Or ever, really. Ya know. Just in case.

During said stomach thingy, we've watched every Christmas episode of anything created. Dora, Caillou, Curious George, Yo Gabba Gabba, Wonder Pets, Phineas and Ferb, You've Got Mail -- oh wait, I had to turn that one off to put on Caillou's Christmas (for the 100th time)...oh the sacrifices we moms make.

I am working with a personal trainer once a week and she's like Jillian. 1 minute of anything never felt so long.

I am here. I am not always here but I am here. Right now I am proud that I am thisclose to being done with Christmas hustling and bustling and besides said stomach thing am trying to enjoy the time with my family.

I may post a daily picture of whatever craft, playing, hamstering or cocooning we're doing or watching but the goal is to enjoy the holidays as much as I can with my boys who are loving every minute of it.

I hope you're having a wonderful time, whereever you are and whoever you're with!

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch