Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Poor Old Gingerbread House

OK, friends. I am in a quandary.

I have a 4 year old who when you even mention the idea of sending this once beautiful and flourishing but now poor dilapidated week-old gingerbread house to the giant gingerbread house in the sky, he flips out.

I don't want to crush gingerbread dreams but it has seen its day.

Its shingles have fallen off, there is no roof, it has been condemned and is definitely not up to code. The residents have moved out and removing it from the counter will definitely make way for a nicer something (anything).

What do I do? Too bad so sad? Any creative ideas to let it go? (Have dad do it?) I have pictures of it in its heyday, do you think memories will eventually be enough to soothe his aching 4 year old heart?

Love,
Mom,
Always the Bad Guy.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

3 comments:

Jessi said...

My 4YO and his sister LOVE demolishing it....like hammering it to pieces....when it's time to say good bye! Definitely an OUTDOOR activity!

AnnG said...

I would have to say the house has to be put out of its misery! Let daddy do it!! it seems to go smoother if daddy does these kinds of "dirty jobs"...either that or tell him that you just don't know what happened to it tonight after he goes to bed!

Bug's Mom said...

What if the house left to do something good for humanity. Could you tell him you are donating the housecto a good cause like feeding homeless puppies?

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch