Monday, October 18, 2010

Mantra Monday: It's About the Numbers. It's About the Numbers.

Mantra MondayCalories burned yesterday: 1730.
Miles biked yesterday: somewhere between 30 and 50 depending on which Garmin you used. So I'll split the difference and call it 40.
Miles ran yesterday: 9.
Water bottles drank: 4
Electrolyte bottles drank: 2
GU's eaten: 5
Time all of this took: 4 1/2 hours.
Times I puked afterward: 3
Puking afterward: priceless. (Sorry. I had to throw that in there.)
Days left until Miami-Man 1/2 Iron race: 28. Less than a month. Holy crap.

Well, there are moments I'm proud of in this even though it was not fast, nor was it pretty.

I'm proud that I burned 1730 calories yesterday and actually cannot comprehend burning this number of calories.

I'm proud that I exercised for 4 1/2 hours and promptly broke in my newly remodeled-bathroom toilet by hugging it. For a while. (You're welcome. I mean, if we're being honest here. Which we are.) Well maybe I'm not proud of that, but it is an elite club (have you ever stood at a finish line and watched people join the puke club after they've finished?)

And again, this wasn't fast.

I will continue to remind myself that this is all about numbers and not being an elite athlete.

It's just about getting it done.

The end.

And while I'm at it, I want to say a big huge congrats to Bari (Super Mom of the Month!) for becoming a half-marathoner this weekend, along with Jen In Real Life, and KIRSTEN (veteran runner!!) HOORAY TO ALL OF YOU!!

8 comments:

Jennifer Newman said...

Love you Christie!! Thanks for the support and encouragement and pushing when needed! I can't wait to see you again at fitbloggin!

*Lissa* said...

You are insanely amazing.

Jessi said...

WOW....is about all I can say! What an accomplishment! And I agree with Lissa, you are INSANELY AMAZING!

Brooke said...

you are amazing...and get more an more amazing every week :)

Bari said...

Hey girl, thanks for the shout out! I am in absolute awe of your exercising/racing/workouttilyoupuke prowess! Seriously, I'm sorry that you barfed. 3 times. But DANG you worked it today!

Kirsten said...

What a brick for the memory books! 28 days, huh? I wish I could fly out and cheer you on because you will rawk that half-ironman.

Anonymous said...

It's been said, but you ARE amazing.

Serious question: How do d you find time to fit all (or most) of your training in??

AnnG said...

What an inspiration to me and all the other women out here in bloggy land! You are AMAZING and you are totally going to rock that Half-Ironman!! Love you, girl....you ROCK!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch