Sunday, October 03, 2010

Capes in the Kitchen: PUMPKIN CHIP MUFFINS! Yummy. And sort of healthy too!

pumpkinchipmuffinsI may or may not have mentioned how much I love FALL so much in all of its cool weather pumpkin glory.

Oh I have?

Yes, I've already made pumpkin muffins and had my pumpkin spice lattes and even though here in Florida it still doesn't quite feel like fall (as I type away in my mom uniform of a black tank top and shorts), it is still very much fall on the calendar and ya know what? I'm going with that.

So the day after the first day of fall, the kids and I got together to make some Low-Fat Pumpkin Chip Muffins.

Which are so delicious that I just had to share. I found this recipe on Food.com.

The ingredients:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil (or substitute applesauce for this too)
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 12 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips (I used regular sized ones.)
DSC_0393

Directions:
Mix first 5 ingredients together. Separately, mix the dry ingredients. Blend the two mixtures together, fold in the chips. Fill the muffin cups, this recipe made 30 muffins for me! Bake at 400 degrees, 16-20 minutes or until knife comes out clean. I happen to have a silicone muffin pan shaped like pumpkins and leaves and this is my favorite pan ever.
DSC_0400

They're so good! Make them!
 
pumpkinchipmuffins

I replaced the oil with more applesauce so the calories and fat have changed a little and makes the calorie and fat count what you see here instead of what it says in the recipe. So they're about 160 calories per muffin, but only 3 1/2 grams of fat! Pretty great.

Cheers!
DSC_0401

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me goose!

(ps. I love responding and if you have your email set on your blogger profile I can!)

My Favorite Quotes

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby



I tri because one day I didn't believe in myself. And then one day I did.



"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of a man is to live, not to exist." - Jack London



Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong- sometimes it's letting go.



"Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History."- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich



Live life PASSIONATELY, laugh OUT LOUD, love UNCONDITIONALLY. - from my spoon rest.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch